Action contre la Faim is offering a multimedia bursary with the title of Bursary for a New Humanitarian Perspective.
|Important dates :
Deadline: 31 August 2023
Name of donor : Action Against Hunger
Amount of the grant : 10,000 $ to 100,000 $
Reference URL : https://www.actioncontrelafaim.org
Its aim is to encourage reflection on the future of humanitarian imagery, with the participation of those involved, in order to imagine together its future development. In doing so, they hope to create a new perspective. A perspective that goes beyond the usual reproductions; that is fairer and more ethical; and that allows for a more balanced exchange with the people represented. This grant is an opportunity to explore new narrative and iconographic processes. They invite anyone wishing to submit a project to break away from assimilated conventions and to demonstrate creativity and daring in order to fuel collective thinking around the development of multimedia language in the humanitarian and social spheres.
As well as promoting the work of photographers, video-makers and content creators, this grant aims to increase the visibility of the people they work with - and their experiences - in the places where Action contre la Faim operates.
Information on financing
- The winner will receive a grant of €10,000 to complete his or her project, which will be exhibited from October 2024. The winner will also be mentored by the chair of the scholarship jury, documentary photographer and artist Cristina de Middel.
How will the winner's project be displayed?
- In October 2024, Action contre la Faim will organise an exhibition of the work carried out by the Action contre la Faim Bursary recipient for a new humanitarian perspective.
- Action contre la Faim will cover the production costs associated with the exhibition, up to a budget defined by the organisation and the author of the project exhibited. The exhibition's scenography will be created with the grant recipient.
- Action contre la Faim will be able to use the images produced by the grant holder for the legal duration of the intellectual property rights and its possible extensions, from the presentation of the work produced, in October 2024, for the promotion and marketing of the Action contre la Faim grant and for the promotion of the Association's activities, in digital and printed form, in accordance with the rights transfer agreement drawn up between the two parties.
- Action contre la Faim may organise other exhibitions in the two years following the presentation of the project in October 2024, in France and around the world.
- Once this deadline has passed, the prints will be returned to the grant recipient and will become their property.
- If desired, the grantee may provide Action contre la Faim with one or more prints to promote the grant or for a future exhibition involving different grantees. Prints will not be used for commercial purposes unless otherwise agreed with the grant recipient.
- By submitting an application, the grant holder undertakes to take part in certain marketing activities, in particular for the launch of the exhibition (preview).
- The beneficiary of the grant must include "Beneficiary of the Action contre la Faim grant for a new humanitarian perspective" in all publications and communications concerning the project carried out thanks to the Action contre la Faim grant.
What are the conditions for applying for the Action contre la Faim grant?
- This call for entries is open to all photographers, videographers and content creators, regardless of nationality or age (but applicants must be over 18).
- Candidates must use their own equipment (cameras, sound equipment, etc.) for this project.
- Employees of Action contre la Faim and their families may not take part in this process. The same applies to members of the jury and the technical team directly linked to the grant, as well as their families.
- Participation is free of charge.
- The projects submitted will be assessed according to various criteria:
- Innovation in the drafting of the proposal and the final project
- Multimedia approach to image capture and the final project
- Contributing to the debate on the role of images and how they can be seen in a new light
- Relevance of the project's subject to the activities carried out by Action contre la Faim
- Alignment with the values of Action contre la Faim in terms of content which :
- is inclusive
- respects people's dignity
- bears witness to the realities observed
- is solution-oriented
- Quality and credibility of the applicant's previous work
- Group projects are accepted.
For more information, please visit Grant for a New Humanitarian Perspective .