The Climate x Health initiative co-organised by Wellcome Trust, the Rockefeller Foundation, the Global Climate and Health Alliance and Amref Health Africa is delighted to offer interested organisations the opportunity to apply for a small grant to strengthen joint advocacy, action and accountability. for climate and health in early 2024.
- Make the case for greater action and responsibility on climate and health issues: This category aims to target decision-makers and convincingly call for ambitious action on climate and health, drawing on everything from evidence generation to human stories to defend voices and much more.
- Building capacity and partnerships within a growing climate and health community: This category aims to facilitate more effective and coordinated action on climate and health by investing in the community itself - from engaging new groups, to preparing meaningful partnerships and dialogue, to ensuring that groups are equipped. working together to drive change.
Information on financing
- In this first year, the programme will award a handful of small grants of between USD 5,000 and USD 10,000 to support proposals in two main categories.
- This opportunity is primarily aimed at civil society, non-governmental and not-for-profit organisations. However, any type of organisation may choose to apply, and the bidding organisation may choose to list partners from any sector as part of its proposal.
- Organisations from all regions and geographical areas are eligible, with the majority of funds ultimately going to organisations in low- and middle-income countries or to under-funded groups in high-income countries.
- Proposals must be clearly relevant to climate and health, and focus on advocacy, communication or capacity building.
- Proposals must include one or more specific and realistic deliverables that can be completed by 31 May 2024 (Note: final selection of beneficiaries expected in January 2024, followed by disbursement of funds. Final reports will be expected by the end of June 2024).
- Proposals may support new activities or deliverables, or complement/enhance activities and deliverables already underway - provided that the addition of the small grant adds unique and distinct value, and that this value is clearly articulated.
- Interested organisations must have at least one representative registered to take part in the Climate x Health forum in time for the application deadline, via the "get involved" form on the climatxhealth.org website.
- Applicants must have an organisational bank account set up to receive funds.
For more information, please visit Global Alliance for Climate and Health .