The Young Insurance Professionals Programme (YIPP) is a free online course designed academically by the London School of Insurance in collaboration with Africa Re to fulfil its mission of fostering the development of the insurance and reinsurance sector in Africa.
The aim of this annual free online training programme is to offer bright professionals the opportunity to develop their careers rapidly, thereby contributing to the progress of the African insurance and reinsurance sector.
The insurance programme is a starting point for an exciting career in the industry. Candidates who successfully complete the Young Professionals Programme will follow an annual training programme with an integrated 'stretching/learning assignment'; where valuable on-the-job experience will be gained.
A career will be built by the YIPP trainee acquiring knowledge and skills through a unique blend of field experience and an online training programme dedicated to insurance, reinsurance, leadership and management modules.
- By the end of the programme, it is expected that participants will have had a positive impact on their understanding of the reinsurance industry and their future roles in terms of strong leadership, governance and accountability;
- Participants will be able to reduce certain bad practices and approaches by developing a constructive approach to competition in African reinsurance markets and improving their professionalism.
- Citizen of a member state of Africa Re ;
- 35 years maximum ;
- Baccalaureate or equivalent ;
- Relevant work experience in an insurance or reinsurance company, insurance brokerage firm or other related field;
- Internet access;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and/or French.
For more information, please visit Africa Re .