If you are at least 18 years old on 20 July 2024 and working, volunteering or studying in the field of HIV, you can apply for a scholarship to AIDS 2024, the 25th International AIDS Conference, which takes place in Munich, Germany, virtually from 22 to 26 July.
The programme is aimed at people who would not otherwise have the financial means to attend AIDS 2024. It supports applicants who contribute to the conference programme, as well as those who can demonstrate that they will transfer the skills and knowledge gained at the conference to the work they undertake in their own organisations and communities.
Advantages of the scholarship
- Please note that not all of the financial support requested (registration, travel, accommodation and subsistence allowance for face-to-face participation, or registration and, in some cases, accessibility assistance for virtual participation) may be granted. Full scholarships will be awarded in a limited number of cases.
- The AIDS 2024 Scholarship Programme will not reimburse any costs you have incurred prior to receiving a scholarship. You are therefore advised to avoid pre-booking accommodation or flights or registering for the conference if you have requested this type of financial support in your application. If you are selected for the scholarship and are awarded all the financial support you requested, they will not be able to reimburse you for these costs.
- All candidates who have applied but have not been awarded a scholarship will be able to register for the conference for the early registration fee for a fortnight after the results are announced.
Participation in the conference programme
- General delegates or abstract presenters, workshop leaders and co-facilitators or Global Village organisers and co-organisers who need support to attend AIDS 2024 are encouraged to apply for a bursary.
- The AIDS 2024 bursary programme is open to anyone working, volunteering or studying in the field of HIV and aged 18 or over on 20 July 2024. Priority will be given to :
- Abstract presenters; workshop leaders and co-leaders; and Global Village organisers and co-organisers whose applications have been selected for the conference.
- Applicants from low- and middle-income countries
- Candidates from key populations and people living with HIV
- Young people and young interviewers under 35
- Applicants who have not received a scholarship for an international AIDS conference
- Fellows must be available to attend for the duration of the conference and pre-conferences (from 20 to 26 July 2024 inclusive).
For more information, please visit the International AIDS Society .